LandGipps Digital Communications Policy
LandGipps creates the best communities in Gippsland. We see our digital platforms and social media as an extension of this and encourage active engagement. It’s an opportunity to connect with friends and neighbours, share stories, catch up on local news and events and hear about what’s happening in our communities.
LandGipps wants you to feel safe when using any of our online communication platforms, and as such has developed a Digital Communications Policy inline with Facebook’s Community Standards. This will help you understand what type of sharing is allowed, and what type of content may be blocked or removed.
The objectives of our Digital Communications Policy are:
- To ensure you feel safe
- Encourage respectful behaviour
- Promote engagement
- Represent LandGipps’ communities’ diverse needs and interests
We report or remove content, block users and where necessary, notify law enforcement when content is:
- Abusive or threatening in nature
- Disrespectful, insensitive, distasteful or offensive
- Working against the promotion of engagement from our community members and the wider public